We want to help make the start at Ralph Allen as welcoming and positive as possible for new students, so we organise a comprehensive transition programme.
May/June: Ralph Allen’s transition team visits pupils at their primary schools. After this, the team spends time allocating Houses and drawing up the tutor groups to ensure a fair mix of gender and ability.
Tues 4 July 2017: Year 6 Parents' Evening, providing an opportunity for parents to meet the Heads of House, senior staff and the Principal, and to learn about the ethos of the school.
Thurs 6 July 2017: New Year 7 Students' Day. Year 6 children with a place at the school spend the day here. This is when they:
- meet their tutor, tutor group and learning group for the first time
- have the opportunity to sample some lessons
- experience moving around the school to change classrooms
- sample the great Ralph Allen food from the school kitchen - lunch is free on this day!
- begin to feel part of Ralph Allen School.
If you have any admissions queries for years 7 - 11 please contact Mrs Caroline Holden, School Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries regarding applications for the Sixth Form, please contact Miss Jackie Haggett, Head of Sixth Form at email@example.com, or Mrs Jane Squier, Sixth Form Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org