We have created a Welcome Booklet for parents/carers of new students, which contains everything you need to know however please find below a list of the most frequently asked questions:
1. What happens after I've submitted my admission form?
We will contact you again between now and the summer holidays to help you prepare for your son/daughter's transition to Ralph Allen School. Please visit the admissions area of the school website for latest news and updated. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any further questions by calling
01225832936 or emailing
2. Who can I speak to about the Admissions form and documents?
3. Can we come and have a look around the school?
Due to the current situation, we are unfortunately not permitted to run tours or visits. In the meantime, please use see our Virtual Open Evening Video which provides you with a good overview of the facilities and departments on offer at Ralph Allen School.
Should restrictions lift and we are able to facilitate tours of the school we will make contact before the end of Summer term.
4. Where do I apply for school transport and what is available?
Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES) County Council arrange all school transport. Further information on the buses available can be found here. Transport
5. Where can I find out about school uniform and where can I buy it?
Full details of our uniform requirements are here: Uniform
6. Where can I find information about term dates and the school day timings?
Our College day and term dates can be found in the welcome booklet in addition to on the school website. All calendar events can be found here:
Term dates and INSET days can be found here:
7. Where can I find information about school dinners and your menu?
Ralph Allen School food is of a very high standard and the majority of food served is cooked on the premises using fresh ingredients and sources from local suppliers. Catering
8. Will my child's free school meal entitlement continue at RAS?
Yes - this will be carried over when your child starts with us, although if you are moving from outside B&NES you will need to re-apply. If you've recently become entitled, or if you'd like to check your eligibility, please visit the B&NES School Meals webpage