UNIFORM - SIXTH FORM DRESS CODE
Year 12 students are expected to have a business wear outfit and the students will be told on occasions to wear these smarter clothes. Business wear might be a full suit or a smart shirt/blouse, jacket and smart trousers or a dress and smart jacket, or smart skirt with smart shoes.
Students are expected to come to school dressed in a manner appropriate for a working environment. Students must set a good example of dress and appearance and adhere to the Sixth Form dress code. Students need to be dressed in tidy, smart casual clothes.
Students will be asked to go home if seen wearing inappropriate dress. The Head of Sixth Form/Leadership Team will determine what is considered appropriate dress and their decision is final and non-negotiable. It must be borne in mind that the Sixth Form is part of the school. The main school is in school uniform.
During the warmer spring/summer weather please remember that cooler clothes which suit a working environment are acceptable but ‘beachwear’ is not. Please avoid extremes of fashion and colour as these may give offence and affect a good working atmosphere. Cropped trousers are acceptable – long chino/tailored shorts (not denim) are acceptable in Terms 5 and 6. We do not allow PE shorts in classroom lessons. We do not allow short skirts or short shorts.
Jewellery should be appropriate for school (e.g. one pair of earrings, a necklace or one discreet nose stud).
Visible body piercing is generally NOT acceptable.
Hair should be a natural colour. We will not allow, as example, dyed purple, pink, green, or blue hair.
The following items of clothing are NOT allowed to be worn to school.
• Short shorts, denim shorts or PE/running shorts
• Short skirts or short dresses (see rules for main school uniform re length/planner).
• See-through lacey tops/dresses.
• Wearing of strappy tops with shoulders and underwear showing.
• Leggings may be worn with a dress/tunic top over which should be an appropriate length for a working environment (see rules for main school uniform re length/planner). Clothing should not be so tight that we can see underwear through it. Leggings should not be worn as trousers.
• Trousers/jeans should not be torn
We should not be able to see underwear either through clothing or due to the short length of clothing. We should not be able to see underwear above jeans/trousers.
This is in line with previously published guidelines, with more specific information to clarify our expectations.