Inspectors praised the high quality of care and education at Ralph Allen School.
Andy Greenhough, Headteacher, said,
"I have had the pleasure of a number of Ofsted visits over the last 24 years and I can honestly say that this was the most pleasurable. I would even go so far as to say it was enjoyable! This was due to the dedication and hard work of the staff and pupils, all of whom are equal in contributing to our success. I feel that the report is a very accurate representation of our school and a great ratification of the work we are doing.
Some highlights from the report, given below, help to capture the progress of the students and the school community."
- Parents and carers are overwhelmingly positive about the quality of care and education their children receive.
- The sixth form is very well led and managed. High-quality leadership, effective teaching that challenges students and strong relationships enable students to make consistently good progress and become confident young adults.
- Students demonstrate impressive levels of understanding in their lessons and can speak eloquently about their work.
- Sixth form students feel fully involved in the life of the school and value the range of additional activities outside the curriculum.
- It was also encouraging that the next steps for the school already align with our own plans. The inspector also had full confidence that we will continue to improve in our pursuit for the best possible education for the students of Ralph Allen School.
Russell Franks, Chair of Governors during the Ofsted Inspection, said,
"The governors were delighted with the findings of the recent Ofsted report. They reflect our own view that the school promotes an excellent environment where all students thrive, and we believe it to be a ringing endorsement of the great work that Mr Greenhough and all the staff at the school are doing. Amongst the many positive comments made by the lead inspector we were particularly pleased to note the sixth form being singled out for praise."
Tim Withers – CEO of the Palladian Academy Trust during the Ofsted inspection), of which Ralph Allen is a part, said,
"I am delighted with Ralph Allen's Ofsted report both as the proud ex-Principal, and the current CEO working closely with the current Headteacher Mr Andy Greenhough. My personal experience of Ofsted has been that the inspection reports are fairly balanced. This one shows that the school has gained strength and progressed significantly since Ofsted's last visit in 2014.
Many congratulations are due to Andy Greenhough for the confident and energetic start that he has made as Headteacher. This has been a seamless transition from his previous role as Vice Principal. It must be said, however, that this has been a great Ralph Allen team effort. Team work is one of the three core values of the school, and they are lived out every day by staff and students.
Well done to everyone who has worked so hard to help the school develop so well - not for Ofsted recognition, but for the opportunities and quality experiences offered to students every week."
To access the Ofsted website, please click on the link.
Ofsted's School Data Dashboard
Ofsted's School Data Dashboard provides a snapshot of school performance at Key Stage 4. The dashboard can be used to check the performance of the school.
The School Data Dashboard complements the Ofsted school inspection report by providing an analysis of school performance over a three-year period. Data can be filtered by key stage or by topic:
- Expected progress
- Narrowing the gap between disadvantaged and other pupils.