Free School Meals
Please register for Free School Meals Eligible by Benefit (EBB) if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits as registration will attract additional funding for your child’s school for Pupil Premium (£935 per Secondary pupil for the financial year 2019/20). Please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings for more information about Pupil Premium Funding for schools.
If your child is already registered with B&NES for free school meals then this will automatically transfer with your child from primary school. If you live in, or are moving from, a different local authority then please contact the free school meals team on the number below to let them know.
You can register your entitlement for Free School Meals if you have children who attend Ralph Allen School and receive the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (WITHOUT Working Tax Credit) and have and annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) below £16,190
- Run-on Working Tax Credit which is only paid for 4 weeks after you STOP qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under PartV1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
To register for Free School Meals
- Call 01225 394317 to make a telephone registration. They are a small team, so if they do not pick up, please leave them a message; they always respond.
- Complete a registration form at your School or Academy or Council Connect offices at the Guildhall in Bath, The Civic Centre in Keynsham, and The Hollies in Midsomer Norton.
Using the web link , https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/schools-colleges-and-learning/school-meals-and-catering/free-school-meals download and complete the registration form and email it back to email@example.com or post it to: Free School Meals Team, People and Communities Finance, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG.
What happens next?
The Local Authority will check your eligibility to qualifying benefits on your behalf using the DFE Online Free School Meal Checking Service. Your National Insurance or National Asylum Seeker Support Number and Date of Birth will be required to do this. They then will inform you and the school of your child(s) entitlement to free school meals, or alternatively whether your registration has been rejected and if so, on what grounds.
What happens if my circumstances change?
Please inform the Free School Meal team:
- If an additional child is starting school.
- If you move house (please also tell the school).