Who are the Careers and Enterprise Company (CEC)?
Set up by government in 2015, the CEC is the national body for careers education in England, supporting schools and colleges to deliver modern, 21st century careers education. Our mission is to help every young person find their best next step.
Our work includes:
- Training and supporting Careers Leaders
- Bringing employers, educators and providers together through our network of Careers Hubs
- Sharing practical digital tools and resources
What is careers education?
World-class careers education follows the eight Gatsby Benchmarks of good careers guidance.
Amongst other things, the benchmarks highlight that young people need:
- Multiple and meaningful encounters with employers, colleges and apprenticeship providers
- Curriculum learning that links to jobs and relevant skills
- One-to-one personal guidance
To fulfil our mission, we’ve developed a strategy focused around three priority areas of work.